Thursday, December 8, 2016

WILLING AND OBEDIENT TO GOD'S WORD

Barbara Perkins
WILLING AND OBEDIENT TO GOD’S WORD
In Isaiah 1:19-20 (NKJV), God’s word declares (19) “IF YOU ARE WILLING AND OBEDIENT, you shall eat the good of the land; (20) BUT IF YOU REFUSE AND REBEL, you shall be devoured by the sword; for THE MOUTH OF THE LORD HAS SPOKEN.” LORD GOD, I thank You for the insight that I have gained from these two Scriptures regarding what You expect of Your people. I am so glad that Your word is not complicated. I see two choices here! CHOICE #1: I can choose to be “willing and obedient and eat the good of the land.” If I am willing and obedient to follow Your word, I get to bask in Your mercy, grace, peace, Your compassion, Your lovingkindness and so much more. Or, in CHOICE #2: If I refuse to obey Your word and rebel, that choice yields a devouring sword—death. LORD, I don’t want to ever experience Your wrath. I want to always be obedient to Your precious word. I know that a sincere heart and true repentance will guide me back into right relationship with You. That fact is confirmed in 1 John 1:9-10, (9) “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.” LORD, I love You and I thank You for being my Guiding Light in this dark world. My sincere desire is to be willing and obedient to Your word daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment