Thursday, December 8, 2016

WHY DO I SUBMIT TO GOD?

Barbara Perkins‎
WHY DO I SUBMIT TO GOD?
I submit to God, my Heavenly Father, because He loves me and only wants what is best for my life. God shows me His mercy, grace, peace, kindness, faithfulness and so many of His other attributes on a daily basis. How could I not submit to the God that I know (through reading His word) and love? God’s word tells me the benefits of submitting to His word in James 4:6-8 (NKJV). (6) “But He gives more grace. Therefore, He says: ‘God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.’ (7) Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (8) Draw near to God and He will draw near to you...” Being submitted to God gives me power that only comes from God to resist the devil and to see Him flee from me. I am so blessed by knowing that as I draw near to God, He will draw near to me. The obvious, reverse of verse 8 is: IF I DON’T DRAW NEAR TO GOD, THEN HE WON’T DRAW NEAR TO ME. Does the devil really exist? The word of God in 1 Peter 5:8-9 answers that question forever, (8) “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (9) Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.” God’s word tells me that the devil exists and he wants to devour me. But, if I am submitted to God, my Heavenly Father, I can resist the devil and YOU CAN TOO by trusting God and doing what He says in His word. Father God, thank You for Your infallible word and Your loving kindness for Your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment