Thursday, December 8, 2016

LORD, AS YOU SEE ME...

Debra Ross Rhymes‎
God I often struggle to see myself as You might see me. I either fail to see my faults or fail to see my value. I know You love me for who I am because You created me this way. I know Your love for me is not based on what I do for You, because You loved me before I made my first mistake, before I uttered my first word and even before I took my first breath. Your love for me is an eternal thread woven through out my life and fortified through the life, death and resurrection of JESUS on my behalf. I still struggle with believing that Your approval doesn't depend on what I do. I confess that sometimes I get so caught up in doing things for You, GOD, that I lose sight of the greatest privilege of all…knowing You and being known by You; to have my name registered as a citizen of heaven which means that I belong without question to Your eternal kingdom. Nothing else I do on earth can compare with that joy. LORD, please keep me from the trap of basing self-worth on my performance. Teach me to rejoice that it is based on Your unconditional love for me. Teach me Your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to Your truth! Grant me purity of heart' so that I may honor You with all my heart. I will praise You, O LORD, my GOD. I will give glory to Your name forever. For your love for me is very great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment