Sunday, February 2, 2020

YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!

BARBARA E. PERKINS

YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!

What do you do when you don’t know what else to do?  Almighty God’s word in Psalm 27:8 (NKJV) says, “When You said, ‘Seek My face,’ “My heart said to You, Your face, Lord, I will seek.”  We must read, study, meditate and pray God’s powerful word to allow Him to change our circumstances.  Then we wait on the LORD and be still and knowing that He is God (Psalm 27:14 and 46:10).  God’s word in 1Thessolonians 5:17 encourages us to “pray without ceasing.”  We have to persevere in our prayer life, rejoicing in the LORD, and thanking Him for His faithfulness, as if we already have an answer to our prayers.  God’s word is so encouraging, especially when we don’t know what to do.  He says, “Seek my face.”  We have to agree to obey God’s word and seek God’s face—His way of doing things.  Jesus Christ, God’s Son, guides us with these words in John 15:7, “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”  God wants us abiding in His word because He wants to intervene in our life’s challenges, but we must be obedient to His word.  Jesus also said in John 14:12-14, “12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And if you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”  Then, equally as powerful is Jesus’ command from John 16:23-24, “23 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.”  Never, ever forget God’s promise from Numbers 23:19, “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent.  Has He said, and will He not do?  Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”  Nor, forget His promise from Hebrews 13:8 which clearly declares, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Almighty God and Jesus Christ can be trusted in any situation we are facing.   So, what are you going to do when you don’t know what to do?  Are you going to trust God, His word—including Jesus Christ, and praying always?  What are you going to do?

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment