Sunday, February 2, 2020

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD? Part 2

BARBARA E. PERKINS

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD?
Part 2

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD?  In Hebrews 4:12-13 (NKJV) Almighty God’s word declares, 12 “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.” How Powerful Is God’s Word?  God’s word raised Jesus Christ from the dead (Romans 10:9-10).  God’s word caused blind Bartimaeus to see (Mark 10:46-52). God’s word caused the lame man to walk (Acts 3:1-26).  God’s word (as spoken by Jesus, the living Word made flesh) caused the widow of Nain’s son to be raised from the dead (John 1:14 and Luke 7:11-17).  God’s word caused the woman with the issue of blood to receive her healing (Luke 8:43-48).  God’s word caused the leper’s health to be restored (Luke 5:12-16).  How Powerful Is God’s Word?  In Psalm 107:20 God’s word declares, “He (God) sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”  That’s how powerful God’s word is!  In Isaiah 55:11 the LORD emphatically stated, “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” In Jeremiah 1:12 the LORD continued with these Prophetic words, “Then the LORD said to me (Jeremiah), ‘You have seen well, for I am ready (or watching) to perform My word.’”  Powerful!  Then His dynamic word in Luke 1:37 followed with, “For with God nothing will be impossible.”  Absolutely Awesome Power!  How Powerful Is God’s Word?  Feast on God’s word in 1 John 5:14-15, “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will (His will is His word), He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”  Also, feast on God’s word from the Lord Jesus, “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”  Why would Almighty God give us so much power?  We see the answer in John 14:23-24, “Jesus answered and said to him (Judas), “IF ANYONE LOVES ME, HE WILL KEEP MY WORD; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.”  Almighty God sent Jesus Christ to save us and commission us to be His faithful followers and to operate in the anointing, as well as the power of God’s dynamic word (John 3:16, Hebrews 11:6, and Mark 16:15-20).  How Powerful is God’s Word?  His word is omnipotent—limitless.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment