Sunday, February 2, 2020

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD? Part 3

BARBARA E. PERKINS

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD?
Part 3

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD?  In Hebrews 4:12 (NKJV) Almighty God’s word declares, 12 “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  How Powerful Is God’s Word?  His word is omnipotent, more powerful than the thief in John 10:10 that comes to discourage and destroy us.  “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”  The LORD wants us to bind the thief/the enemy from stealing our joy, health and peace of mind (Matthew 18:18-19).  HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD?  Psalm 91:1-2 gives us a glimpse into just how powerful God’s word is: “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  “’I WILL SAY OF THE LORD,’ “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.”  We have to say Who the LORD is to us!  The power of God’s word in Psalm 34:19 can lift us up on a challenging day or period in our lives, “19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, BUT THE LORD DELIVERS HIM OUT OF THEM ALL.”  The more we read God’s word the more blessings we see flowing out of the power of His word.  Philippians 4:13, 19 declares, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”  Now if you have concerns about your offspring, let God’s powerful word and prayer soothe your soul.  Isaiah 65:23-24 declares, “They shall not labor in vain (birth pains), nor bring forth children for trouble; for they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.  ‘It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.’”  Psalm 37:25-26 from our compassionate LORD should also warm our hearts.  25 “I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lends; and his descendants are blessed.”  Glory to Almighty God for His faithfulness to our offspring!  Hallelujah to the LORD and to His faithful Son, my Savior, Jesus the Christ.  God’s word saved me from eternal damnation!  John 3:16-17 Hallelujah!!!  Almighty God by the power of His word in 2 Corinthians 5:17 made me a new creature in Christ Jesus.   We can see in God’s word in the Book of Revelation 21:6-7 (as well as many other Scriptures) how God revealed His desire for all of us to be saved, “And He said to me, 'It is done! I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son (and daughters).'”  What can we conclude about the power of God’s Word?  God’s awesome, powerful word is still available today and He is still waiting on us to use His powerful word.  Praise His Holy Name!  What a Mighty God we serve!!!  What an Awesome Savior Jesus, The Christ is to believers.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment