Sunday, February 2, 2020

PRAYER, A WAY OF LIFE

BARBARA E. PERKINS

PRAYER, A WAY OF LIFE

A few days ago, I felt a necessity to re-post a FOCUS ON GOD article that I had posted on January 21, 2018 entitled, “An Urgent Call to Prayer.” If we take a serious look at the political, social, economic and climatic challenges in our world today, there is a tremendously urgent need for us to pray without ceasing.  In 2 Chronicles 7:14, the word of God commands us to pray about these situations in the Earth.  The world today reminds me of a period of time in the Bible during Noah’s life.  In Genesis 6:5-9 (NKJV) the word of God painfully declares, “Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent (every imagination and intention) of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.  6 AND THE LORD WAS SORRY THAT HE HAD MADE MAN ON THE EARTH, AND HE WAS GRIEVED IN HIS HEART.  7 So the Lord said, ‘I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, FOR I AM SORRY THAT I HAVE MADE THEM.’  8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.  9 ... NOAH WAS A JUST MAN, perfect in his generations. NOAH WALKED WITH GOD.’”  Although our loving and compassionate God was so disappointed with His creation, Noah (a just/righteous man) and his family found favor in God’s sight.  Noah’s obedience to God and his building of the ark resulted in his life and those of his family being saved from the destruction that came upon the Earth.  There are so many instances in the Bible where we see our merciful, loving God rescuing His people.  While we still have an opportunity to pray for our world, we absolutely, MUST PRAY.  Pray for the lost because God loves them too.  God’s word encourages us in James 5:16, “…The fervent prayer of a RIGHTEOUS man (or woman) avails much.”  God wants us to pray and to be in fellowship with Him.  He encourages us to talk to Him about anything, whatever the situation is that concerns us.  God, the Father has so much love for us and He wants us to be obedient so that we can get our prayers answered.  He further comforts us with these promising words on prayer in Isaiah 65:24, “It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.”  Our Faithful, Father God has outlined the keys to answered prayers in 2 Chronicles 7:14, but we have to purpose to be pleasing to Him and make prayer our way of life.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and –
meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment