Sunday, February 2, 2020

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD! Part 1

BARBARA E. PERKINS

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD!
Part 1

A Psalm of David.  Psalm 23:1-2 (NKJV)
There are some unique connections in God’s word that always provide peace and comfort to the heart and soul.  I hope we can focus on God’s word and see the compassion He has for His people in so many ways.  The LORD is our Shepherd and He lovingly cares for us.

1 “The Lord is my Shepherd…” He is I AM!  The LORD is always involved in our lives—our circumstances. The LORD shepherds us with so much mercy, grace and love.
And God said to Moses, … “Thus, you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to (deliver) you.’”  (Exodus 3:14) “Jesus said to them (Israel, generations later), ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.’”  (John 8:58) He Always Is and He's everything we need.

 “I shall not want.”
“…Those that seek the LORD lack no good thing.” (Psalm 34:10) “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)

2 “He makes me to lie down in green pastures…”
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest…” (Matthew 11:28-30) “Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him…” (Psalm 37:7) “I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.” (Psalm 3:5) “…Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength…” (Isaiah 40:31)

“He leads me beside the still waters.”
“Be still, and know that I am God…” (Psalm 46:10) “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you... Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”  (John 14:27) “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”  (Philippians 4:7) What a Powerful Shepherd Almighty God is, as well as the Lord Jesus Christ. Let them shepherd your life.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment