Sunday, February 2, 2020

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD? Part 1

BARBARA E. PERKINS

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD?
Part 1

HOW POWERFUL IS GOD’S WORD? In Hebrews 4:12-13 (NKJV) Almighty God’s word declares, 12 “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.” God’s word from Genesis to Revelation shows us so many examples of His awesome power.  I pray that these three posts will allow you to taste the goodness from God’s word as described in Psalm 34:8 “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man (woman, boy or girl) who trusts in Him!“ God is Omnipotent, as verified in Hebrews 1:1-2, “1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds…” Almighty God and Christ, His Son created all things and all beings.  Then Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice to redeem the world from our sin nature as a result of Adam’s sin (Genesis chapters 1-3, John 3:16).  God is Omniscient and He declared it in Isaiah 44:6-8, “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides Me there is no God. 7 And who can proclaim as I do? Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me, since I appointed the ancient people…  8 Do not fear, nor be afraid; have I not told you from that time, and declared it?  You are My witnesses.’”  The LORD is all knowing from the beginning of time.  Almighty God is also Omnipresent, as revealed in Joshua 1:8-9.  God used His word to encourage His faithful leader Joshua, 8 “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO.”  God is always with us wherever we go!   “It is due to God’s mercies that we are not consumed because His compassions fail not (Lamentations 3:22).”  God’s word is dynamic in its power!

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment