Sunday, February 2, 2020

BE STILL…

BARBARA E. PERKINS

BE STILL…

God’s word in Psalms 46:10 (NKJV) declares, “BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”  One of the most important things that we absolutely must know is that God exists and He is a Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6). Sometimes we just have to be still and know that He is God.  We have to slow down, stop and be still so that we can hear from God.  God is omniscient!  HE KNOWS EVERYTHING!  Often during difficult times, we have to remind ourselves of THAT FACT when we are trying to work things out in our own, finite minds.  We must know that God is concerned about us and we can pray to Him (in Jesus’ Name) for the answers to situations that dominate our daily lives.  Know that God is love (1 John 4:16).  He loves us!  Know that He sent His only, sinless Son, Jesus to save us (Romans 5:8).  Know that God is not going to withhold anything good from us when we do what is right (Psalm 84:11).  Know that God cares for us totally (1 Peter 5:6-7).  Also, know that God has good plans for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11).  Equally important, know that Almighty God said in His word (Hebrews 13:5), “… I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  When we really realize Who God is, we are going to exalt Him.  We are going to praise God for Who He is, The King of the Universe, Creator of Heaven and Earth, The One Who made mankind in His Own image. He is The One Who sent His Son, Jesus, to be our Sacrifice and our Redeemer, our Righteousness, our Healer, our Provider, our Refuge and our Peace.  God is I AM, The God Who Always is… (He is everything that we will ever need).  When we really understand Who God is, we will glorify, honor and praise Him for all the good things He has done and is still doing in our lives.  We can trust God’s word.  He is tried and true!  We can be still, knowing that He is our God and He is right in center of all that concerns us.  Hallelujah to the LORD!!!

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment