Sunday, February 2, 2020

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD! Part 3

BARBARA E. PERKINS

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD!
Part 3

A Psalm of David.  Psalm 23:5-6 (NKJV)
There are some unique connections in God’s word that always provide peace and comfort to the heart and soul.  I hope we can focus on God’s word and see the compassion He has for His people in so many ways.  The LORD is our Shepherd and He lovingly cares for us.

5 “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.”
“You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.  A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.” (Psalm 91:5-7)  “The LORD knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied. But the wicked shall perish; and the enemies of the LORD, like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish…” (Psalm 37:18-20)

6 “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
“For the LORD GOD is a sun and shield; the LORD will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” (Psalm 84:11)  Jesus (The Christ) said, “…I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:2-3)  “Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!  Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing.  Know that the LORD, HE IS GOD; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.  Enter into His gates with THANKSGIVING, and into His courts with PRAISE.  Be THANKFUL to HIM, and BLESS HIS NAME. For the LORD is GOOD; HIS MERCY is everlasting, and HIS TRUTH endures to all generations.” (Psalm 100:1-5) PRAISE the LORD, my Shepherd! Ask Him to be Your Shepherd too!

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father—your Shepherd?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment