Sunday, February 2, 2020

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD! Part 2

BARBARA E. PERKINS

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD!
Part 2

A Psalm of David.  Psalm 23:3-4 (NKJV)
There are some unique connections in God’s word that always provide peace and comfort to the heart and soul.  I hope we can focus on God’s word and see the compassion He has for His people in so many ways.  The LORD is our Shepherd and He lovingly cares for us.

3 “He restores my soul…”
“When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”  (Psalm 61:2) “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” (Isaiah 26:3)  “…God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:6-7/KJV)

“He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.”
For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield. (Psalm 5:12) “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”(Matthew 6:33)  “…As He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”(1Peter 1:15-16) 

4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”
“Many are they who say of me, ‘There is no help for him in God.’ Selah. But You O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the LORD with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah.” (Psalm 3:2-4)  “Fear not, for I AM with you; be not dismayed, for I AM your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”  (Isaiah 41:10) “…Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; …they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31) Praise The LORD, The GREAT I AM, my SHEPHERD!  Let Him be your SHEPHERD too!

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father—your Shepherd?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer based on Roman 10:9-10, and you meant it, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment