Sunday, February 2, 2020

HOW TO GO THROUGH A STORM

BARBARA E. PERKINS

HOW TO GO THROUGH A STORM
How do we go through a storm?  The only way to successfully go through a storm is to focus on God, the Father and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.  God’s word in John 14:6 (NKJV) declares, “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’”  Jesus also stated in John 14:13-14, “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”  So, it is imperative that we realize the only way to get safely through a storm, as the Scriptures have verified is by focusing on God and Jesus Christ through the word and prayer.  We absolutely must start and end our days with prayer and God’s word.  The word of God in Ephesians 6:18 emphasizes, “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.”  God’s word in John 6:63 says it this way, “…The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.”  Prayer and the word of God changes things.  In addition, it is great to pray throughout the day—in essence, pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).  When the torrents of the storm become relentless, give out a quick “Help me Lord, save me Lord!”  It’s a prayer right in the nick of time (Matthew 14:28-33).  Sometimes the intensity of our storms can be so turbulent, you begin to think, if I can just make it to the next day.  Then Almighty God shows up!  Hallelujah!!!  That triumphant rescue is depicted in Psalm 18:28-30, “28 For You will light my lamp; the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.  29 For by You I can run against a troop, by my God I can leap over a wall.  30 As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.” Although your storm may have started on Monday, you look up (to where your help comes from), suddenly it’s Friday and your storm is gone.  Or, it may have begun in January, then ended in November, but now your storm is gone.  HALLELUJAH!!!  It’s because of Almighty God’s mercy, grace, and peace that we survive the storms of life.  Lamentations 3:22-23 sums up, How We Go Through A Storm. “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.”  Then you break out in PRAISE. Thank You, Awesome LORD!!!  YOU did it again!

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and
meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment