Monday, June 1, 2020

WHO DO YOU PUT YOUR TRUST IN? Part 2




BARBARA E. PERKINS

WHO DO YOU PUT YOUR TRUST IN?
Part 2
Who do you put your trust in?  Put your trust in Almighty God the Creator of heaven, earth and all mankind.  No matter what situation we are facing, Almighty God requires and expects us to put our trust in Him.  In Psalms 146:3-6 (NKJV), the word of God declares, 3 “Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help.  4 His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; in that very day his plans perish.  5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God, 6 Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever…“  Almighty God lets us know that we cannot put our trust in mankind.  Why?  Mankind disappoint us.  Mankind is fallible.  He is NOT WITHOUT sin.  The LORD GOD keeps truth forever and we know that we can put our trust in Him.  Plus, we are happy when we put our trust in the LORD.  As we read God’s word in Psalms 62:5-8, we can understand more fully why we should put our trust in Him.  5 “My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him.  6 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.  7 In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah!”  In 1Peter 5:6-7, God’s speaks of us trusting Him in this way, “6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.“  We can also be encouraged by God’s word on trusting Him in Philippians 4:4-7,   4 “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I will say, rejoice!  5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.  6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.“  We can rejoice in trusting the LORD because He doesn’t disappoint us.  The LORD GOD is our Salvation, our Strength, our Peace, our Refuge and our Defense.  So, who will you put your trust in when the foundations of your world begin shaking, crumbling?  Almighty God loves you more than you can ever imagine (John 3:16-17).  Will you put your trust in Him?

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment