Monday, June 1, 2020

WHEN THE ENEMY COMES IN…






BARBARA E. PERKINS

WHEN THE ENEMY COMES IN…
When the enemy comes in like a flood, what do you do?  Do you handle it yourself or do you pray to get wisdom and directions from the LORD?   God’s word answers those questions in Philippians 4:6, telling us not be anxious about anything, but to pray.  Then in John 15:7, God’s word commands us to live by His word and He will answer our prayers.
 
The word of God in Isaiah 59:14-19 (NKJV), gives us a brief glimpse into our world today.  The Amplified Bible also paints a vivid picture of the following Scriptures, which I believe depict our world. “JUSTICE IS TURNED BACK, and righteousness stands afar off; TRUTH HAS FALLEN IN THE STREETS, and EQUITY CANNOT ENTER.  15 SO TRUTH FAILS, and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey.  THEN THE LORD SAW IT, AND IT DISPLEASED HIM THAT THERE WAS NO JUSTICE.  16 He saw that there was no man, and wondered that THERE WAS NO INTERCESSOR; therefore, HIS OWN ARM BROUGHT SALVATION FOR HIM; and HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, IT SUSTAINED HIM.  17 For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation on His head; He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak. 18 ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS, ACCORDINGLY HE WILL REPAY, FURY TO HIS ADVERSARIES, RECOMPENSE TO HIS ENEMIES; the coastlands He will fully repay.  19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun; WHEN THE ENEMY COMES IN LIKE A FLOOD, THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WILL LIFT UP A STANDARD AGAINST HIM.”  Things are out of control in our world, but THE LORD, THE GREAT I AM said, He will take care of us.  I trust Him!  He is our righteousness and our salvation just as His Son, Jesus Christ is (2 Corinthians 5:21 and John 3:16).  LORD, help us to be the intercessors You call us to be.  I trust You, LORD GOD and I trust Your Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and really meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment