Monday, June 1, 2020

PLEASE, DON’T BE ANGRY WITH GOD!





BARBARA E. PERKINS

PLEASE, DON’T BE ANGRY WITH GOD!
We are living during extraordinary times on so many different levels.  We absolutely need Almighty God, El Shaddai, Who is all sufficient and more than enough to meet our needs in any situation.  We desperately need The LORD on our side, not just now, but always.  Opposing the Creator of mankind, The King of the Universe, is not good for us.  Let’s examine God’s word to try and understand why this is so important in our world today.  In the word of God in Jeremiah 18:3-13 (NKJV), God takes Jeremiah, the prophet, down to the potter’s house to teach him about the ways of God’s people.  “3 Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. 4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so, he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.  5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:  6 ‘O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?,’ says the Lord. ‘Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! 7 The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, 8 IF THAT NATION AGAINST WHOM I HAVE SPOKEN TURNS FROM ITS EVIL, I WILL RELENT OF THE DISASTER THAT I THOUGHT TO BRING UPON IT. 9 And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it,  10 IF IT DOES EVIL IN MY SIGHT SO THAT IT DOES NOT OBEY MY VOICE, THEN I WILL RELENT CONCERNING THE GOOD WITH WHICH I SAID I WOULD BENEFIT IT.’  11 ‘Now therefore, speak to the men of Judah and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, ‘Thus, says the Lord: Behold, I am fashioning a disaster and devising a plan against you. RETURN NOW EVERYONE FROM HIS EVIL WAY, AND MAKE YOUR WAYS AND YOUR DOINGS GOOD.’ 12 And THEY SAID, ‘That is hopeless! So, WE WILL WALK ACCORDING TO OUR OWN PLANS, and WE WILL EVERYONE (DO) THE DICTATES (STUBBORNNESS) OF HIS EVIL HEART.’  13 Therefore THUS SAID THE LORD: ‘Ask now among the Gentiles, WHO HAS HEARD SUCH THINGS?  The virgin of Israel has done a very horrible thing.’”  The LORD, YAHWEH, I AM, The God Who Always Is (Present Tense), was not pleased with His people because they rebelled against Him.  The people did not consider ALL that the LORD had done for them.  So, they were angry, bitter and noncompliant with their Creator.  WHO HAS HEARD SUCH THINGS AS WHAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING TODAY?   God’s word in Psalms 121:2, 5-8 declares, 2 “My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.”  5 “The Lord is your keeper (Protector); The Lord is your shade at your right hand.  6 The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.  7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.  8 The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.”  Who is going to protect us IF we get angry with God?  In 1 Peter 5:8-9 God’s word commands us, “8 Be sober (self-controlled), be vigilant(watchful); because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.  9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.”  Don’t give the enemy an opportunity to devour you.  James 4:7 said it this way, “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”  Then John 10:10 JESUS DECLARED, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I HAVE COME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE, AND THAT THEY MAY HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.”  When we don’t understand what is happening around us, let’s look to God and His word (Deuteronomy 29:29). There is never a good reason to be angry with God, our Creator, or His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.  God is so full of love and mercy for us.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and really meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment