Monday, June 1, 2020

ENTERING GOD’S ARK OF PROTECTION





BARBARA E. PERKINS

ENTERING GOD’S ARK OF PROTECTION
There is this story in the Old Testament of a man named Noah who put his trust in God to build an Ark that afforded him and His family God’s protection.  This was a time period when God was quite disappointed in the people that He had created because of their wickedness (Genesis 6:5).  But there was also this very heartwarming statement that God made about Noah in Genesis 6:8-9 (NKJV), “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.  9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.“  God’s word in Genesis 6:22 also shared additional facts about Noah that reveals why he was able to enter God’s Ark of protection:  “Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did.”  As a result, Noah was rewarded because of his integrity and faithfulness to the LORD GOD.  “Then the Lord said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation (Genesis 7:1).”  The fact that this story is from the Old Testament does not preclude us being able to vividly see the heart of God for today.  In Malachi 3:6, the word of God says, “For I am the Lord, I do not change…”  God does not change in what He expects of us yesterday, today or tomorrow.  In John 14:21, 24 God’s word affirms, 21 “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” 24 “He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and THE WORD YOU HEAR ME SPEAK IS NOT MINE BUT THE FATHER’S WHO SENT ME.”  The word also said in Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”  Finally, God’s word asks of us in James 1:22, “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.  God is not deceived by what we say, He watches what we do.  God is carefully watching the behavior of His creation today.  What He sees and hears must be absolutely appalling—heartbreaking.  Noah pleased God.  Noah’s behavior, his faithfulness led God to command him to build an Ark.  When completed, Noah and his family entered God’s Ark of protection and their lives were saved.  God is faithful to His promises.  This story is an example of how God expects us to be obedient to His word (His will), if we want to enter God’s Ark of protection, (figuratively) today.  LORD GOD, please forgive us.  LORD, we desperately need Your mercy and Your grace.  In Jesus Christ powerful Name!  Amen!

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and really meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment