Monday, June 1, 2020

IT’S THE SECRET PLACE! Part 1






BARBARA E. PERKINS

IT’S THE SECRET PLACE!
Part 1
Oh, how I love God’s powerful, comforting word.  It’s dessert to my heart and soul.
Have you ever wanted to escape to a place where you could feel safe and secure?  Wouldn’t it be wonderful right now, to be able to get in your car, or jump on a plane, or just take a cruise to escape this Coronavirus Pandemic Era?  Is there actually a Secret Place where we can hide out until this Pandemic Era has passed?  There is definitely a Secret Place that we can escape too.  That Secret Place is in God and His word, IF we put our trust in Him.  That Secret Place is found in Psalms 91 (NKJV). 1 “He who dwells in the SECRET PLACE of the MOST HIGH shall abide under the shadow of THE ALMIGHTY.”  EL ELYON is one of the redemptive names of God found in this Scripture and it means “THE GOD MOST HIGH” or “THE MIGHTY ONE.”  EL SHADDAI is another redemptive name of God, also found in this Scripture and it means “THE ALMIGHTY GOD” or “He, Who is all sufficient; God, Who is more than enough to meet our need in any situation.  El Elyon, The Mighty One, says if we dwell (live) in His Secret Place, we shall (can/must) abide (remain stable) under El Shaddai, Almighty God’s shadow because He is the One Who is ALL SUFFICIENT for us.  There are tremendous eternal benefits to living in God’s Secret Place because God’s word promises us eternal life, IF we have made His Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord (John 3:16-17).  IF we choose not to make Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord, there are regrettable consequences found in the book of Revelation 20:11-15.  While we are living in God’s Secret Place, if we happen to exit this world, for whatever reason, we are assured of living throughout eternity in heaven with Almighty God and Jesus Christ (Revelation 21:1-8).   

 2 “I WILL SAY of the LORD, ‘He is my Refuge and my Fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.’” We have to SAY WHO THE LORD IS TO US.  He is my REFUGE, my FORTRESS, my GOD.”  He is the ONE I put my trust in.  3 “Surely, He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.”  LORD GOD, I thank You for Your word and I am trusting YOU to deliver my family and me from all the traps and pestilence of our enemies, including the Coronavirus.  4 “He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler (protection/defense).”  LORD, I thank you for being our refuge, our covering and shielding my family and me with Your loving protection, as well as helping us to live in Your truth.  5 “You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.”  My GOD, YOUR protection for us is beyond AWESOME morning, noon and night; therefore, we are not afraid, even though the world is falling apart. 7 “A THOUSAND MAY FALL AT YOUR SIDE, AND TEN THOUSAND AT YOUR RIGHT HAND; BUT IT SHALL NOT COME NEAR YOU.”  LORD, although my heart cries out in agony for the lost, again, I Thank YOU, for Your DIVINE PROTECTION.  HALLELUJAH!!! 8 “Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the REWARD of the wicked.”  God’s word reminds us in Hebrews 11:6, that He is also a Rewarder of the Faithful.

 Oh, the things you can find in God’s Secret Place.  It’s a Secret Place because some people never find it.  This Secret Place is carefully and strategically hidden between the Books of Genesis and Revelation.  I challenge you to find and consume all you can in God’s Secret Place.  “Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts” (Jeremiah 15:16). God has a Secret Place for us.  Selah (Pause, and calmly think of that)!

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and really meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment