Monday, June 1, 2020

LET’S CROSS OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE!





BARBARA E. PERKINS

LET’S CROSS OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE!
There is a passage in the New Testament that I want us to focus on, where the faith of God’s people is challenged as they learn to trust Jesus, God’s Son.  In Luke 8:22-25 (NKJV) Jesus said, “Let us cross over to the other side of the lake.”   He spoke these dynamic, faith filled words and it changed the circumstances that were about to destroy His disciples.  22 “Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them, ‘Let us cross over to the other side of the lake.’ And they launched out. 23 But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy. 24 And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, ‘Master, Master, we are perishing!’ Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. 25 But He said to them, ‘WHERE IS YOUR FAITH?’  And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, ‘Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!’”  Jesus’s disciples’ lives were being threatened, and He asked them about their faith, as if it were a vehicle that could save them.  God’s word in Hebrews 11:6 declares, “But WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE HIM (God), for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that HE IS A REWARDER of those who diligently seek Him.”  When Jesus’ disciples got into the boat with Him, Jesus stated, “Let us cross over to the other side.”  That was Jesus’ plan and His plan didn’t change, even though the sea was raging and threatening their lives.  Jesus didn’t ask His disciples about the raging sea.  No!!!  Jesus asked, “WHERE IS YOUR FAITH?”  His disciples were expected to do something to change their circumstances, because they were not suppose to drown.  They were expected to cross over to the other side of the sea and nothing less.  We can get further insight into what Jesus expects of His FAITHFUL followers in John 14:12-14, “Most assuredly, I say to you, HE WHO BELIEVES IN ME, THE WORKS THAT I DO HE WILL DO ALSO; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT.”  When I read, meditate, and pray God’s word, I am energized to believe that I can make it to the other side of very difficult, almost impossible circumstances, IF I have FAITH in God’s word.  In spite of the circumstances we face, God hears and answers our prayers.  God word confirms this fact in 1John 5:14-15, 14 “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that IF WE ASK ANYTHING ACCORDING TO HIS WILL, HE HEARS US. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, WE KNOW THAT WE HAVE THE PETITIONS THAT WE HAVE ASKED OF HIM.”  Can God’s faith filled words rescue us from our daunting circumstances of today?  Yes!!!  I believe we can cross over to the other side of whatever situation we are facing, IF we trust God, His word and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Thank You, LORD GOD for your love and faithfulness.  Thank You, Lord Jesus for Your overwhelming compassion for us.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and really meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment