Monday, June 1, 2020

IT’S THE SECRET PLACE! Part 2





BARBARA E. PERKINS

IT’S THE SECRET PLACE!
Part 2
Where do we go to escape when there is no place to go to escape?  Where do we find that Secret Place when the world around us is falling apart?  We seek Almighty God, Who is El Shaddai’s (The All Sufficient God) Secret Dwelling Place which is in His powerful word.  We must read, meditate, pray, and believe God’s word because He causes His word to manifest in our lives.  In Isaiah 55:11 (NKJV), God’s word said, “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”  Then in Jeremiah 1:12 God said this about His word, “Then the Lord said to me, ‘You have seen well, for I am ready (watching) to perform My word.’”  God is ready to perform His word on our behalf when we seek Him. 

The word of God in Psalms 91:9-16 declares more abundant blessings as a result of us living His Secret Place.  9 BECAUSE YOU HAVE MADE the LORD, WHO is my REFUGE, even the MOST HIGH, YOUR DWELLING PLACE, 10 NO EVIL SHALL BEFALL YOU, NOR SHALL ANY PLAGUE COME NEAR YOUR DWELLING; 11 FOR HE SHALL GIVE HIS ANGELS CHARGE OVER YOU, TO KEEP YOU IN ALL YOUR WAYS.”  Is the LORD your dwelling place?  Do you spend time with the LORD, in reading His word, in prayer and in being grateful for how He has blessed you and those you love?  If you are alive, you have something to be grateful for.  We have to make the LORD our dwelling place.  WHY?  It's because the Most High God's profound, loving protection for us.  The Mighty One, the LORD said, “No evil shall happen to us, no plague shall come near us, resulting in the LORD giving His angels charge over us to keep us...” 

12 “In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.  14 ‘Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.”  In verse 13, the LORD confirms that we have victory over our enemies as a result of living in His Secret Place.  Do you really love the LORD?  Verse 14 said, because of our love for the LORD and because we have known His name (the power of His name), He will deliver and elevate us.  Our deliverance is tied to us loving and knowing the LORD.
 15 “He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.’”  Living in God’s Secret Dwelling Place, knowing Him and loving Him yields God’s abundant provisions for us.  In verse 15, God’s word promised, when we call on the Him, then He will answer us, He will be with us in trouble, deliver us and honor us.  My LORD, My LORD, My LORD, Your powerful word is our sustenance.  Finally, verse 16 reveals the special love that Almighty God (El Shaddai) has for His people when He said, “With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation” (John 3:16 and Romans 10:9,13).  Hallelujah to the LORD!!!  God’s Secret Place is so totally awesome, but we have to choose to live there. 

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and really meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment