Monday, June 1, 2020

WHO DO YOU PUT YOUR TRUST IN? Part 1





BARBARA E. PERKINS

WHO DO YOU PUT YOUR TRUST IN?
Part 1

Who do you put your trust in when your world turns upside down?  You might have endured a devastating tragedy in your family.  It might be that your job has decided to terminate you because work is slow.  It might be that the month lasts longer than your pay check.  It might be that your government is on a collision course and you don’t know what to do. Or, it might be that your doctors have offered you very little hope in your diagnosis.  All of these situations are unimaginable for anyone to navigate through without help.  But, who do you put your trust in during times like these?  In Psalm 118:8-9 (NKJV) the word of God offers a definitive answer to that profound question.  8"IT IS BETTER TO TRUST IN THE LORD THAN TO PUT CONFIDENCE IN MAN.  9 IT IS BETTER TO TRUST IN THE LORD THAN TO PUT CONFIDENCE IN PRINCES.”  Again, in Psalm 146:3-6 God’s word declared, 3 DO NOT PUT YOUR TRUST IN PRINCES, NOR IN A SON OF MAN, IN WHOM THERE IS NO HELP.  4 His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; in that very day his plans perish.  5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, WHOSE HOPE IS IN THE LORD HIS GOD, 6 Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them…”  The word of God says to put your trust in the Him.  Proverbs 28:26 declares, “He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.”  Mankind (no matter who he or she is or what position of power they possess) have a way of disappointing the people who are counting on them. THE LORD does not!  The LORD GOD has declared in His powerful word (Hebrew 13:5), “…I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  The LORD will never disappoint us.  We disappoint Him too often, but when we sincerely repent the LORD forgives us, restores us, heals us, mends our broken hearts, and meets our needs because He loves us.  God can also allow Health Care Providers to provide a service for us.  It is so important to cover all our situations through prayer, inviting God to oversee our family members’ and our care with His blessings.  Psalms 146:1-2 admonishes us to, “Praise the Lord!  Praise the Lord, O my soul!  2 While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.”  If we sincerely look back over our lives in introspection, we should be able to see the LORD’S hand of mercy and grace in our lives.  When we recognize the experiences of the LORD’S loving kindness; it makes praising and worshipping Him such a tremendous joy, as exemplified in Psalm 146:1-2 and throughout the Bible.   Who do you put your trust in? 

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment