Monday, June 1, 2020

THE LORD, OUR STRONG TOWER






BARBARA E. PERKINS

THE LORD, OUR STRONG TOWER
Those of us who put our trust in the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY can find peace and comfort in His word.  God’s word in Proverbs 18:10 (NKJV) is very encouraging, “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”  We desperately need a strong tower that we can count on during times like today and I am grateful that the LORD is that Strong Tower.  The LORD reiterates His promises in Psalms 61:2-4 so that we will trust Him, 2 “…When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.  3 For You have been a Shelter for me, a Strong Tower from the enemy.  4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.  Selah!”  There are times when we can be so fearful, but Almighty God speaks comfort to us through His word as in Isaiah 41:10 and 13, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’’  The LORD does not want us consumed by fear and in 2 Timothy 1:7, He says to us, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”  God’s word continues to encourage us in Psalm 46:1, 10-11 with, “God is our Refuge and Strength, a very present help in trouble.”  10 “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!  11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge.  Selah!“  In Psalms 91:1-2, 9-11 , our safety in God is evident because, “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  2 I will say of the Lord, ‘He IS my Refuge and my Fortress; My GOD, in Him I will trust.’”  9 “Because you have made the LORD, who is my Refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, 10 No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.”  At times like these, God’s word has the ability to lift us out of the depths of despair.  The LORD, our High Tower, also lifts us up with these blessed words in Psalms 18:1-3, “I will love You, O LORD, my Strength.  2 The LORD is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold.  3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised...”  Remember God’s many promises to us, also in Isaiah 26:3-4, “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he (believers) trusts in You.  4 Trust in the LORD forever, for in Yah, the LORD, is everlasting strength.”  Trust the LORD GOD, our High Tower and trust His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and really meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment