Saturday, March 23, 2019

THE SPIRIT AND LIFE OF GOD’S WORD


BARBARA E. PERKINS

THE SPIRIT AND LIFE OF GOD’S WORD

The word of God in John 6:63 (NKJV) Jesus declares, “IT IS THE SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE; the flesh profits nothing.  THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK TO YOU ARE SPIRIT, AND THEY ARE LIFE.” I am so grateful that Jesus makes known to us (God’s people) that God’s Holy Spirit gives life to what God is telling us in His word. If not, how will we ever understand His word?  But the flesh will not profit, unless we use God’s word to MAKE our flesh obey.  WE MUST RULE OUR FLESH, NOT ALLOW IT TO RULE US!!!  God’s word in John 14:26 informs us of one of the functions of the Holy Spirit, “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My (Jesus’) name, HE WILL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, AND BRING TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE ALL THINGS THAT I SAID TO YOU.”  God’s Spirit speaks to our Spirit, if we have made Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord (we’re born again).  If we are not born again, we will not understand God’s word, no matter how hard we try, because His word is spiritually discerned.  God’s word in 1 Corinthians 2:14 says it this way, “But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”  Now, if we are born again, God is going to spiritually impart vital, life-changing information to us (His people), if we will accept His powerful word and obey it.  However, if you are not born again, God’s word will have no effect on you who read and hear it.  When we READ, MEDITATE, AND HEAR God’s word, His Spirit speaks to our spirits giving life to our situations.  Thank You, Lord, for your awesome, life-changing word.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would, just invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment