Saturday, March 30, 2019

BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL!


BARBARA E. PERKINS

BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL!

The Psalmist David gave us some very profound reasons to bless the LORD in Psalm 103:1-5 (NKJV), “Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!  2 BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL, AND FORGET NOT ALL HIS BENEFITS: 3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”  David tells himself, You are going to bless the LORD! He reminds himself of the LORD’S BENEFITS, the REASONS, he is blessing the LORD:
            “-Who FORGIVES ALL your iniquities/sins,
 -Who HEALS ALL YOUR DISEASES,
 -Who REDEEMS YOUR LIFE from destruction,
 -Who CROWNS you with LOVINGKINDNESS and tender MERCIES,
 -Who SATISFIES your mouth with GOOD THINGS, so that
   YOUR YOUTH IS RENEWED LIKE THE EAGLE’S.”
What the Psalmist David expressed in verses 1-5 is phenomenal!  When I look at David’s five succinct points on why he told his soul (his mind) to bless the LORD, I have to ask, why would anyone, who knows the LORD, not want to BLESS the LORD?  Why do I bless the LORD GOD?  I bless the LORD for a multitude of reasons, but for the sake of time and space I will only state a few of them.  He loves me!  The LORD sent His Son, Jesus Christ to save me from my sins.  I accepted the LORD GOD’S free-will Gift of Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior many decades ago, with no desire to turn back.  Glory to God and to Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior! The LORD provides for me.  He has given me the most beautiful family to love and they love me.  Thank YOU, LORD! He provides shelter for me to live in my own home, instead of on a park bench.  Thank YOU, LORD! He keeps me in my right mind!  HALLELUJAH!!!  He fills my spirit, soul and body so that I am not lacking any good thing.  Every day I am LIVING above ground is another testimony of why I bless the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.  I WILL BLESS THE LORD!!!                             

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family

No comments:

Post a Comment