Saturday, March 23, 2019

GO FORWARD! PART 2


BARBARA E. PERKINS

GO FORWARD!

PART 2

In Part 1, in the Book of Exodus 14:13-15 (NKJV), we saw how Almighty God promised to protect His people from an adversary more powerful than they were, if they would dare to trust and obey His word as delivered by Moses.  That word was “… Don’t be afraid.  Stand still and see the salvation of the LORD…  The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.  … Moses, Tell the children of Israel to GO FORWARD.”  Now Israel had every reason to be afraid.  Pharaoh had an army and Israel (former slaves) did not.  The children of Israel were composed of men, women and mostly children, unable to defend themselves.  Pharaoh’s army was probably composed of the most able men in his country.  Then God offered these words of grace, “Your enemy is not going to bother you anymore because I will (continue) to fight for you (see 10 plagues in Chapters 7-12).”  Hallelujah!!!  God said, “YOU SHALL HOLD YOUR PEACE.”  Translation: “I AM going to take care of everything.  You will not have to act ungodly or curse anyone.  You will be at peace.”  Sensational, beyond measure!!!  Finally, God said, “GO FORWARD!”  But, how do you GO FORWARD when the ONLY place to go moving forward was into the Red Sea?  It meant the Israel had to trust God for a miracle or turn back towards Pharaoh’s army and slavery or even the possibility of death.  Though some of them had already considered turning back, they chose to trust God because of these additional comforting words from Exodus 6:6-7, 6 “Therefore say to the children of Israel: ‘I AM the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. 7 I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I AM the LORD your God…’”  Pharaoh’s bitterness and disobedience caused God’s judgment, which resulted in devastation to his family, his people, as well as his country.  But, in the most miraculous circumstances, God’s people were able to GO FORWARD into the Red Sea that actually paused on their behalf, allowing their entire group to walk through midst of the sea on dry ground.  AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!  The LORD still provides for His people and He still expects obedience also.  Praise be to Almighty God for His love, faithfulness and compassion. 

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment