Monday, March 5, 2018

GOD HAS PLANS FOR US!

BARBARA E. PERKINS

GOD HAS PLANS FOR US!

In the Book of Jeremiah 29:11-13 (AMP) our merciful God shares His plans for our lives. “11 For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call on Me and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear [your voice] and I will listen to you. 13 Then [with a deep longing] you will seek Me and require Me [as a vital necessity] and [you will] find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” God’s love and compassion for us is so evident in these Scriptures. There is always hope for us in God because He is concerned about our well-being—our peace, as well as our future. But, it is also evident in verse #12 that I (we) have to invite God into our situations by calling upon Him, praying to Him so that God will listen to us in our time of need or just time of fellowship in His presence. In verse #13 God says, “…With deep longing you will seek ME and require ME as a vital necessity and you will find ME when you search for ME with all your heart.” He wants an intimate, life-changing relationship with us, but He is not going to violate our free will. When we go contrary to God’s plans for our lives, we run headlong into evil plans as in John 10:10 (NKJV), “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” I have my own horror story of living contrary to God’s will nearly 50 years ago, when God said to go right and I made a sharp left turn and allowed the thief to subvert my plans. O, what a happy day it was when I found my way back to God, got saved, and am now living in God’s plans for my life. There is no plan comparable to the wonderful plan that God has for my life. Hallelujah!!! Thank You, LORD GOD for Your mercy and Grace!

Would you like to invite Jesus into your heart? Pray this prayer: Dear God, I want Jesus Christ to be my Savior and Lord. I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation. I confess Him right now as my Savior and Lord. God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. If you prayed this prayer you are saved. Welcome to God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment