Sunday, February 25, 2018

DRAW NEAR TO GOD…

BARBARA E. PERKINS

DRAW NEAR TO GOD…

The word of God in the Epistle of James 4:8 (NKJV) admonishes us in the following manner, “DRAW NEAR TO GOD AND HE WILL DRAW NEAR TO YOU. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.” At first glance this Scripture seems kind of harsh. But, God’s word in the Gospel of John 3:16-17 gives a revelation that sheds light on the previous Scripture, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” God loves us so much and His word is always moving us into a position to receive His best, to be saved and free from condemnation. After all, God gave us His very best when He gave us JESUS CHRIST. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, as a result, every time I read God’s word I am learning how to get closer to my Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ. NOW, as I examine James 4:8, I can better understand why God’s word reminds us to position ourselves, “Move closer to God so that He will move closer to you...” Then God reminds us to examine our lifestyles as well, get our hearts right, and be single minded as we sincerely focus on Him, Jesus Christ and His word. I know that God is preparing us for a time period when the TSUNAMI of life will show up in the midst of our circumstances and we will know what to do. We will simply ride the tidal waves with Almighty God and with Jesus Christ because they can safely get us to the other side, if we have prepared ourselves through the word of God. So, when I read God’s word in James 4:8, I am not offended! I am grateful that I have another opportunity to examine myself to be sure that I am moving closer to my Heavenly Father, God and Jesus Christ. Thank You, Heavenly Father for showing my family and me Your loving kindness. Thank You for showing us Your mercy and grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment