Sunday, February 4, 2018

BE STILL, … I AM GOD!

BARBARA E. PERKINS   

BE STILL, … I AM GOD!

The word of God in Psalm 46:10-11 (NKJV) declares, “Be still, and KNOW THAT I AM GOD; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah (pause, and calmly think of that)!”  If I don’t KNOW and understand simple facts that come from God’s word, I can ruin my life by not realizing the power and purpose of His word.  The LORD GOD says, “Be still, and KNOW that I AM GOD…”  In other words, I have to settle down and check to see what God’s word has to say about the situations that I am dealing with because I don’t have to be anxious about anything (Philippians 4:6-7).  Almighty God, the One Who created the heavens and the earth, said He is our REFUGE.  He offers a place where I can be still in an atmosphere of peace, where I can experience His delightful presence, receive His protection, and I can hear Him when He speaks through His word. While I am being still, I must read His word, meditate His word, study His word and be willing to trust His word.  Also, I absolutely must exalt the LORD for His goodness.  This is the word from the LORD of hosts for us, His people.  “Be still and KNOW that I Am GOD…”  LORD, I praise Your holy name for You are AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment