Saturday, March 31, 2018

A Resurrection Thought...


CHARLES H. PERKINS
 
A Resurrection Thought...
With each nail driven into His hands, the price for the forgiveness of my sin was being paid. As the nail was driven into His feet, the price for the forgiveness of my sin was being paid. As the crown of thorns was being forced onto His head, the price for the forgiveness of my sin was being paid. As they lifted Him up on the cross, the price for the forgiveness of my sin was being paid. With each scream of pain and agony, the price for the forgiveness of my sin was being paid. As the spear was being driven through His ribs and into His heart, the price for the forgiveness of my sin was being paid. As the blood gushed forth from His various wounds, the price for the forgiveness of my sin was being paid. When He hung His head and died, the price for the forgiveness of my sin was paid. Thank You, Lord Jesus for doing for me what I could not do for myself.
As we prepare to celebrate the most important event in history...The death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...let us remember why He did what He did. He did not allow Himself to be beaten, spat upon, beard ripped out, and ultimately hung on a cross just so that we could have a Cadillac (or whatever you want to place in that slot). He went to the cross so that we could have eternal life. Let us not forget the reality of that. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
My Brother in The Lord, Pastor Sterling Evans, once said, “What if you got saved and all you got was Jesus? Would that be enough for you?” He went to the cross and I got salvation and eternal life. He went to the cross and all He got was me.
JESUS...He wore a crown of thorns so that I may wear a crown of life.
Would you like to experience God’s presence and forgiveness by inviting God’s Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart? Then pray this prayer: Dear God, I believe that Jesus Christ is Your Son. I confess that I am a sinner in need of a Savior. I believe that Jesus died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation. I confess Him right now as my Savior and Lord. God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name! Amen! If you prayed this prayer you are saved. Welcome to God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment