Sunday, January 20, 2019

THREE THINGS YOU DON’T WANT GOD TO SAY!


BARBARA E. PERKINS

THREE THINGS YOU DON’T WANT GOD TO SAY!

1. ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips,    
 but their heart is far from Me.’ (Matthew 15:8 NKJV)
2. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of
 heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.  (Mat. 7:21)
3. “Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’  And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’” (Matthew 7:22-23)
There is a final day coming for each of us when we will have to stand before God and give an account for how we have lived here on Earth.  God’s word vividly describes that day in the Book of Revelation 20:11-15.  When that day comes for me, I want to hear my God say, “Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord (Matthew 25:21).”  Until that day comes, I have to live like the Fruit of the Spirit is real in my life (Galatians 5:22-26).  God is love (1John 4:8)!  Therefore, I (we) must love God and give Him preeminence in our lives (Mat. 6:33), likewise we must recognize the loving sacrifice that Jesus made for us.    Jesus declared in John 13:34-35, 34 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”  I hope no one wants God to utter any of the opening statements over them.  The fact is, no one has to hear those doomed words because God has given us the way out.

If you would like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father, just invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment