Sunday, January 20, 2019

CRY OUT TO THE LORD!


BARBARA E. PERKINS

CRY OUT TO THE LORD!

Why cry out to God?  God’s word says He hears and answers our prayers (1John 5:14-15 (NKJV).  He is our Heavenly Father, if we have made Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord (John 1:12).  We cry out to God because He invites us to “come boldly to His throne of grace that we might obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).  God’s word in Psalm 3:4 is my testimony, “I cried to the LORD with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill.  Selah,” (Pause and calmly think on that)!  Psalm 18:6 is also my testimony, “In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to His ears.”  I can confirm that the LORD hears and answers our prayers when we purpose to walk in His ways and when we purpose to hear His voice.  God is the perfect Father Who loves us so much and has tremendous compassion for those of us who are sincere in seeking Him in righteousness. 
When do we cry out to the LORD?  We cry out to the LORD anytime we need Him or anytime we want to cry out to Him in gratefulness (Psalm 145:19).
How do we cry out to the LORD?  We cry out with a pure heart and clean hands (1 John 1:8-10).  It is so wonderful knowing that God shows no partiality (Acts 10:34). What He continues to do for me, He will certainly do for you as well.  Trust Him—seek His face.  Cry out to Him!  Sometimes we stand in the way of God fulfilling His promises in our lives, by living our lives our own way, instead of God’s way—which is the best way.  Purpose to live God’s way, CRY OUT TO HIM and see if He won’t answer you (Joshua 1:8).

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would, just invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment