Friday, October 26, 2018

WHAT MAKES ONE RIGHTEOUS AND WISE?


BARBARA E. PERKINS

WHAT MAKES ONE RIGHTEOUS AND WISE?

The word of God in Proverbs 11:30 (NKJV) declares, “The FRUIT OF THE RIGHTEOUS is a TREE OF LIFE, and HE WHO WINS SOULS IS WISE.”  Lord Jesus, thank You for allowing us to walk in Your righteousness as a result of our Salvation (2 Corinthians 5:21).  Father God, thank You for the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:16, 22-25) that shapes our Christian character and produces the fruit of the righteous as a part of our sanctification after Salvation.  I am so grateful for Salvation that grants believers eternal life/the ability to live forever in Your presence, Father God and in Your Kingdom with Jesus Christ forever.  I remember Your word (Genesis 2:9, 16-17, 3:22-24) that reveals the tree in the Garden of Eden called the Tree of Life that Adam and Eve could have eaten from and lived forever, had they not sinned.  So, the fruit that the righteous possess, through Jesus Christ, is a Tree of Life that leads to eternal life.  The Amplified Bible provides insight about the second half of the Scripture in the following manner: “And he who is wise captures and wins souls [for God—he gathers them for eternity].”  I can see that the fruit of the righteous is a tree of life because the righteous is full of Your Holy Spirit and has Your heart, Father God, when we purpose to live a life that pleases You.  He (or she) is wise and deliberate about wanting to win souls for Your Kingdom while there is still time.  LORD, HELP US TO BE WISE ABOUT WINNING SOULS FOR YOUR KINGDOM.  Thank You, Lord Jesus for sacrificing Your life to win my soul, as well as the souls of others.  What a blessing to see others coming to Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord and into Your Kingdom, Father God.  LORD GOD, thank You for revealing to us in Your word what makes one righteous and wise.  Praise Your Holy Name!

Would you like to know and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father by inviting His Son, Jesus Christ into your heart?  If you would, please pray this prayer:  Dear God, I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment