Monday, October 22, 2018

HOW’S DO I PLEASE GOD?


BARBARA E. PERKINS

HOW’S DO I PLEASE GOD?

The word of God in Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) declares, “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” God, Who is so full of mercy and grace, tells us in His powerful word just how to please Him. I have to start with the following premise: IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD WITHOUT FAITH IN HIM!!! My FAITH MUST ACCEPT that GOD DOES EXIST and that HE REWARDS THOSE THAT DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM. That’s how FAITH works if I want to please God. The benefits are limitless when I have faith in God (Philippians 4:19). Genesis Chapters 1, 2 and Hebrews 11:1-4 declares that in the beginning God (with His Son) created the Heavens and the Earth, as well as everything therein. I believe it! Genesis Chapter 3 deals with the fall of man through the sin of Adam and Eve. I believe it! John 3:16 declares that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, as our sacrifice to redeem us from our sin nature and to offer eternal life to all who have the faith to accept Jesus as Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9-10). I believe Jesus and the price He paid for me. As a result of Jesus’ sacrifice, I can also receive healing (1Peter 2:24). Yet, these are just few of the benefits of having faith in God and Jesus Christ. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD WITHOUT FAITH IN HIM! BUT, Proverbs 16:7 (NKJV) proclaims, “WHEN A MAN’S (or MANKIND’S) WAYS PLEASE THE LORD, HE MAKES EVEN HIS ENEMIES TO BE AT PEACE WITH HIM.” This is God’s divine protection and it is so amazing. I please God by believing in his word and obeying it. Glory to God for the awesome power of His word to believers.

Would you like to know and develop a relationship with GOD as your Heavenly Father by inviting His Son, Jesus Christ into your heart? If you would, please pray this prayer: Dear God, I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation. I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord. God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen! If you prayed this prayer and really believe it, you are saved. Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment