Sunday, July 30, 2017

GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE US!



BARBARA E. PERKINS

GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE US!

In the Book of Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV) the word of God declares, “Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” In the past, when the circumstances of life seemed a bit crazy, I would remind myself of what the word of God has said about that situation. Hebrews 13:5, is one such scripture. It tells me how to conduct myself and it reminds me that God will never leave me nor forsake me. God’s word is AWESOME! I would remind myself, if it looks like God is not near me or is gone, His word assures that He didn’t leave me; therefore, I had to make sure that I hadn’t moved away from God. If I had drifted away from Him, 1 John 1:8-9 makes it easy for me (or anyone) to repent/ask for forgiveness and get back into right fellowship with God. Or, if these unusual circumstances were just another opportunity for me to learn to wait on God, as Psalm 27:14 declares, then I had to recognize that I must truly trust God and wait on Him. While I am waiting on God, I must read and mediate His word daily, as well as fast and pray. Also, while I am waiting on God His word in Ecclesiastes 9:10, tells me what else I must do, “WHATEVER YOUR HANDS FIND TO DO, DO IT WITH YOUR MIGHT; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.” I can still wait on God while I am working because after the grave, work is over. Knowing God’s word keeps me focused on Him and the fact that “...He will never leave me nor forsake me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment