Monday, July 10, 2017

DO YOU TRUST GOD’S WORD?



BARBARA E. PERKINS

DO YOU TRUST GOD’S WORD?

God’s word declares in the Gospel of John 15:7 (NKJV), “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” This scripture is powerful, but will we trust God for it to work in our lives? Are we willing to do what God says for us to do in His word, so that His word will work in our lives? If we truly focus on God and wrap our hearts and minds around His word, we will see clearly what is necessary on our part for this scripture to work in our lives. (1) We must pray and ask God for whatever it is that we desire. (2) We must have a lifestyle of abiding/living in God’s word. (3) We must believe that God will do, what He said, He will do. Once we get a firm grasp of these three principles, it is amazing what God can and will do in our lives, if we would just trust Him. But, on the other hand, the word of God says, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear” (Psalm 66:18). I don’t ever want sin in my life because I don't want it to break my relationship with my Heavenly Father, God. I love God so much and I always want Him to hear and answer my prayers. “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us (Ephesians 3:20).” Let’s show God that we truly trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment