Tuesday, June 18, 2019

THE LORD ASKED, “WHAT’S IN YOUR HAND?”


BARBARA E. PERKINS

THE LORD ASKED, “WHAT’S IN YOUR HAND?”

There is a wonderful example in the Bible where Moses found Himself on assignment for the LORD, yet He didn’t feel that He was equipped for the task.  Moses was beginning to learn how to trust God and didn’t feel that He could convince Israel that God had sent Him to deliver them from Egyptian bondage.  Whatever the LORD calls us to do, He equips us to do.  In Exodus 4:1-2 (NKJV) the word of God continues in this manner, “Then Moses answered and said, ‘But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, The LORD has not appeared to you.’” 2 “So the LORD said to him, “What is that in your hand?”  He said, “A rod.”  The rod was a symbol of the fact that the LORD can miraculously use anything to give us the confidence to do His will.  Throughout the Book of Exodus, we see Almighty God encouraging Moses to use what was in his hand (his rod) and see the salvation of the LORD.  Moses did and he was victorious.
What’s in your hand?  What is it that the LORD has already equipped you to do?  It may not be a rod, but He has already prepared you or is preparing you for something very special and you CAN do it.  The word of God in 1 Samuel 17: 40-46, reveals what David (a youth) had in his hand when he confronted Goliath.  Goliath was defying the living God and harassing God’s people.  In David’s hand was his staff, five smooth stones and his sling shot.  In 1 Samuel 17:45-46, we see David’s unwavering faith in Almighty God’s ability to deliver Goliath into His hands and this is expressed in the following Scriptures, “Then David said to the Philistine, ‘You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand…’”  …And God did!!!  The LORD used Moses, David and so many others in the Bible and during our era mightily. The LORD GOD of hosts wants to use us for His glory.  The only thing stopping us is--us!    What’s in your hand?  Or what gift (s) has the LORD breathed into you?  Use your special gift (s) for the LORD and watch Him shower you with His loving kindness.
Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment