Tuesday, June 18, 2019

CAN TWO WALK TOGETHER AND NOT AGREE? Part 2


BARBARA E. PERKINS

CAN TWO WALK TOGETHER AND NOT AGREE? Part 2

Now the word of God in Amos 3:1-3 (NKJV) declares, “3 Hear this word that the Lord has spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying: 2 ‘You only have I known of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.’ 3 Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?”  Can we really walk with God and not agree with His word?  What are you doing that you know is not agreeing with God’s word?  It is because of LORD’s mercy and grace that we have not been consumed (Lamentations 3:22).  God’s word admonishes, “But exhort one another daily, while it is called ‘Today’ lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.”  Like with Israel, our Compassionate God gives us so many chances to govern our lives according to His word.  First John 1:8-9 “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  That’s God’s mercy and grace!  Don’t frustrate the grace of God!  In the Book of Revelation 3:20, God’s Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, encourages us with these affectionate words, “Behold, I stand at the door (of your heart) and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.”  Let Jesus Christ into your heart and let Him change your life.  Can you comprehend how much Jesus loves us?  He sacrificed His life for us to bring us back into right relation with His Father God.  What a love!  Let’s Agree with God’s word and walk with Him.  Ephesians 1:5 reveals the heart of God for us, "Having predestined us to adoption as sons (and daughters) by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will."  God wants us as His own dear children.  How awesome is that!   Can two walk together and not agree?  No, we CANNOT walk with the Living God, unless agree with Him and be a doer of His powerful word.  LORD GOD, thank You for your profound love for us and for sending Your Precious Son, Jesus Christ, to redeem us.  My God, what a love!   I am so grateful for my salvation.

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment