Thursday, May 17, 2018

IN PURSUIT OF GOD’S FAVOR!


BARBARA E. PERKINS

IN PURSUIT OF GOD’S FAVOR!

In Proverbs 3:1-4 (NKJV) God’s word compassionately commands us in the following manner, “My son (or daughter), do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands; 2 For length of days and long life and peace they will add to you. 3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart, 4 AND SO FIND FAVOR AND HIGH ESTEEM IN THE SIGHT OF GOD AND MAN.” How can I understand how to live my life according to what is pleasing to God, IF I DON’T READ HIS WORD? How can we understand how to live our lives according to what is pleasing to God, IF WE DON’T READ HIS WORD? How do we pursue God’s favor? Almighty God says empathically, “Don’t forget my law (His word), but keep my commands (whatever I have told you to do).” Knowing God’s word and living by His word has tremendous benefits. God says, “Length of days, long life and peace will be added to you (us).” Then He says WE MUST BE GUIDED BY MERCY and TRUTH, (hang them on your neck and write them on your heart, in other words, keep them before your face. Memorize them so that we will know what to believe, as well as how to act and react. God has just briefly outlined for us how to pursue—find favor and high esteem in His sight, as well as man. God is so AWESOME!!! Are you willing to be in pursuit of God’s favor? I am!

Would you like to know God as your Heavenly Father and come to know His Son, Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord? If you do, pray this prayer: Dear God, I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that Jesus died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation. I confess Him right now as my Savior and Lord. God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name! Amen! If you prayed this prayer you are saved. Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment