Saturday, November 11, 2017

REASONS TO BLESS THE LORD!



BARBARA E. PERKINS

REASONS TO BLESS THE LORD!

The word of God encourages us from Psalm 103:1-5 (NKJV) in this manner, “Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” I am tremendously encouraged every time I read this passage of Scriptures written by David, the poet. King David loved the LORD, even though he allowed sin to mess up his life and that of his family in a BIG WAY. David cried out to the LORD in true repentance and was forgiven. As a result, we are able to see his genuine love for the LORD, especially throughout the Psalms. David commanded himself, his mind and body, to bless the LORD for so many reasons. That’s what we have to do! That’s what I have to do! LORD, when I think about Your goodness, "I command myself to bless You!" It is not about how I feel because my body might be too tired to bless You, but it’s about You, LORD, and what You have done for in my life. You sent Jesus to hang on the cross and die so that I wouldn’t have too. O, my LORD, I thank you!!! LORD, You forgave me and saved me from destruction! Hallelujah!!! You healed my body! Thank You, LORD!!! You crowned me with Your lovingkindness and tender mercies. I bless You, my LORD!!! Then You satisfied my mouth with so many good things and You caused my youth to be renewed like the eagle’s. O, how I bless You, my LORD! It’s Your lovingkindness, Your goodness, Your mercy, and Your grace that makes me cry out, “HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH!!!” How could I forget Your benefits??? How could I not bless Your holy name??? I am so grateful and I truly love You, my AWESOME LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment