Sunday, June 18, 2017

KNOWING GOD



BARBARA E. PERKINS

KNOWING GOD

If prayer and God’s word are our last option and we employ them only when something bad happens, we need to ask ourselves, “Do I really know God?” God’s word in Hebrews 13:5-6 says, “…I will never leave you nor forsake you. So that we may boldly say: The LORD is my helper; I will not fear.” Then in Romans 8:28, 31, 35-39 God’s word says “28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” “35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written: ‘For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.’ 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” God is love! He loves us. My Heavenly Father, God, is really good all the time and so is Jesus Christ, His Son. I love God and I love Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord. I can count on them all the time, in everyday situations in my life—large or small. I thank God for the power of His word and prayer because they have worked in my life and the lives of my family countless times. We truly get to know God through HIS WORD and PRAYER (talking to Him about what concerns us). God has proven HIMSELF and His Son, Jesus, to be everything we will ever need. HE is an AWESOME GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment