Monday, January 15, 2018

CAST YOUR BURDEN ON THE LORD



BARBARA E. PERKINS

CAST YOUR BURDEN ON THE LORD

The word of Almighty God (El Shaddai, the all sufficient God, Who is more than enough to meet our need in any situation) in Psalm 55:22 (NKJV) says, “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.” There is a song that I remember from many years ago that went like this, “Cast Your Burdens On The LORD And Leave Them There.” I don’t know who the author/writer is but, it sounds like excellent advice because God lets us know in His word that He cares about us so much and He reminds us often. In Matthew 11:28-30 the word of God again confirms how much He cares about our well-being: “28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” It is so wonderful to be able to cast my burdens/cares on the Lord God, my Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord and leave them there. It is also wonderful knowing that the Lord will sustain me and provide rest for mind soul. How sweet it is to rest in the Lord (Psalm 37:7)! How sweet it is to know that Almighty God and His Son, Jesus Christ, are always looking out for me. I serve a great God who is so full of love and compassion for His people. Thank You, Heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment