Monday, October 30, 2017

GOD WANTS HIS PEOPLE HUMBLE!



BARBARA E. PERKINS

GOD WANTS HIS PEOPLE HUMBLE!

God’s word in 1 Peter 5:5-6 (NKJV) encourages us in this manner, “… Be clothed with humility, ‘For God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.’ 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,” Father God, thank You for revealing to Your people over and over again that You are not pleased with the “proud.” However, Your word tells us that You give grace (favor) to the “humble” and if that wasn’t enough Father God, You also said You may exalt the “humble.” Thank You for Your word, LORD. You said it, so my purpose in life is to be humble because it pleases You, LORD. If I am walking in pride, will that affect my relationship with You, Father God and how You view pride? In Proverbs 8:13 God word says, “The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate.” Then God’s word provides more insight in Proverbs 6:16-19, “These six things the Lord hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, 19 A false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren.” Pride leads to a mighty fall from grace as seen in Proverbs 16:18, “Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.” How will pride affect my prayer life? God’s word in Psalm 66:18 says, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear.” LORD, it is clear to me that pride is sin and if I have iniquity/sin in my heart You will not hear me when I pray. That is so profound!!! LORD, just as “Jesus humbled Himself and became obedient to You to the point of death on the cross” to save humanity, You want a humble people (Philippians 2:7-11). Jesus Christ is our perfect example and He died so that I (and all of humanity) could live in Him. Heavenly Father, it is so obvious from Your word that You hate pride and You want Your people humble. Help me, LORD! Help us LORD, the body of Christ to be the humble people You desire us to be. I love You, LORD! Thank You for Your mercy and grace! Thank You for giving us another chance to be pleasing to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment