Wednesday, September 25, 2019

CAN TWO WALK TOGETHER WITHOUT AGREEING?





BARBARA E. PERKINS

CAN TWO WALK TOGETHER WITHOUT AGREEING?

God’s word in Amos 3:3 (NKJV) challenges us with this defining question, “Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?”  That’s God’s word!  What do you think?  “Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?”  Are you walking with and agreeing with someone who is a distraction to your focus on Your God and on His Son, Jesus Christ (John 17:3)?  Who are you walking with that you that you can’t share God’s life-saving word with?  “Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?”  God loves us too much to just let us moonwalk (walking backwards) through life.  He wants us always walking into our blessed destiny, not towards our past mistakes.  God’s word offers so many wonderful possibilities, if we choose to embrace it.  Jesus pleads with us, John 14:15, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”  Jesus continues pleading in the following Scriptures, John 14:21,23, “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”  23 “Jesus answered …, ‘If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.’”  Jesus loves us and is concerned about us, like His Father God.  Agree to walk with God!  Agree with what He says about you.  God’s word in Jeremiah 29:11-13 says this about you, “11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”  Proverbs 5:5-6 has these encouraging words, 5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”  Agree to walk with God and keep His word.  Agree to be blessed by God!  He loves you so much!

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment