Thursday, July 25, 2019

THE NAME OF THE LORD IS A STRONG TOWER!


BARBARA E. PERKINS

THE NAME OF THE LORD IS A STRONG TOWER!

The word of God in Proverbs 18:10 (NKJV) declares, “The NAME of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”  In time of trouble, small or great, I need a STRONG TOWER where I can run and find help.  Don’t you???  Where do you run when the storms of life are too great for you?  When the storms of life are too great for me, I run to the ROCK.  God’s word describes HIMSELF, my ROCK, in Psalm 18:1-3 declares, “I will love You, O LORD, my strength.  2 The LORD is my ROCK and my Fortress and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in Whom I will trust; my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold.  3 I will call upon the LORD, WHO is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.”  “The Name of the LORD is a strong tower…”  I am so glad that that I can run to the LORD and be safe.  I am equally grateful that I can count on the LORD and trust Him to be my STRONG TOWER, my STRENGTH, my ROCK, my FORTRESS, my DELIVERER, my GOD, my SHIELD, the HORN of my SALVATION, and my STRONGHOLD.  Hallelujah to the LORD!!!  Thank YOU, LORD!!!  Where do you go when each day is overwhelming?  I run to the ROCK!!!  Where do you run when your doctors offer an unfavorable outcome to your aches, your pains and/or no hope???  I run to the ROCK!  His NAME is ALMIGHTY GOD, EL SHADDAI!!! He is my HEALER, JEHOVAH RAPHAH!!!  He is my PROVIDER, JEHOVAH JIREH!!!  He is my Deliverance and Mighty Salvation in victory. The LORD is my BANNER, JEHOVAH NISSI!!!  Yes, HE is ALMIGHTY GOD and His Son, also, has a VERY POWERFUL NAME.  That NAME is JESUS CHRIST, a NAME that is ABOVE EVERY NAME.  God’s word emphatically states it this way, in Philippians 2:9-11, “Therefore God also has HIGHLY EXALTED HIM and GIVEN HIM THE NAME which is ABOVE EVERY NAME, 10 THAT AT THE NAME OF JESUS EVERY KNEE SHOULD BOW, of those IN HEAVEN, and of THOSE ON EARTH, and of THOSE UNDER THE EARTH, 11 and THAT EVERY TONGUE SHOULD CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER.”  I thank my God, my Rock, that I can always run to Him in time of need and to His Son, Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord. Praise the LORD for His love, compassion and faithfulness!  Yes, “The NAME of the LORD IS A STRONG TOWER; the righteous run to it and are safe.”  Hallelujah!!! 

Would you like to be saved and develop a relationship with God as your Heavenly Father?  If you would really like to know God, invite His Son, Jesus Christ, into your heart.  Please pray this prayer:  Dear God, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is Your Son.  I believe that He died on the cross, shed His blood, and rose from the grave for my salvation.  I confess Jesus right now as my Savior and Lord.  God fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can live a life that pleases You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, based on Roman 10:9-10, you are saved.  Welcome into God’s Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment